I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Plumbing forum hero

Online Reviews - What’s the Point?

Online Reviews - What’s the Point?

Online Reviews - What’s the Point?

HCP Reviews - What’s the Point

It’s important to know how to ask for a review. Similar to looking for new client jobs, the more requests that home service professionals send out to customers, the greater the chances of receiving them.

Uploaded by Jarrod Miller-Dean

Housecall Pro

Uploaded 9 days ago

The Importance of Online Reviews For Home Services Websites

Why Are Online Reviews Important? 

We hear heart it again and again, “Customer reviews are important,” “Online reviews help with your SEO and drive traffic to your website”...the list goes on. Yet, there are still a large number of small business owners that don’t place importance on requesting customer reviews. It’s estimated that only 13% of small businesses ask for reviews. That means that the other 87% let it fall to the waist side. Some feel that it isn’t a primary driver in their business model, or they don’t want to bother customers and ask if the customer didn’t initiate it themselves. However, not asking for customer reviews, especially in the home services industry means missing out on developing an online presence and low hanging fruit that can generate new customers. 

Why Reviews Are Important for My Small Business?

Online reviews are one of the primary drivers in helping potential customers make a purchasing decision. They’re the new word-of-mouth advertising. While the weight of relevance may differ depending on the platform and review site, it’s important to know how online reviews help your SEO. Whether they come from Google, Facebook, Housecall Pro, or a lead generation site, they all play an integral role in social proofing your local business and achieving three primary goals: increasing visibility in organic search results, lead generation, and influencing conversions. This is why it is imperative to incorporate review management into your home services business marketing plan. 

A study conducted by YouGov found that 78% of Americans check the reviews sectionof a company before making a purchase. In addition, 44% of these Americans are active contributors. 

It’s important to know how to ask for a review. Similar to looking for new client jobs, the more requests that home service professionals send out to customers, the greater the chances of receiving them. Positive or negative, the important factor to remember is being proactive, especially when it comes to your business’s online reputation. Consider reaching out for a review as a customer service touchpoint. The request can be added to the bottom of the sales invoice or an email signature. If you miss the initial opportunity, send a follow-up “thank you” email, ask for a review and include a link to the desired review site. 

Related articles

When Do You Stop Offering Free Estimates?
Should You Offer Free Estimates hero image

Whether you currently offer free estimates, are contemplating making a change, or do not believe in free estimates for any service, clear communication for the customer is crucial. Learn how to have the tough conversation.

Updated -18 days ago

Name That Payroll Provider
Payroll hero image

When picking a new payroll service provider, there are many factors to consider. As discussed, ensure that the provider fits your business needs. It may take some time to find the right fit, but here are a few recommendations from other pros to help you get started. Happy hunting!  

Updated -11 days ago

Should I Charge Flat Rate Pricing?
Should I Charge Flat Rate hero image

Many of our Housecall Pro members have moved to a flat rate pricing structure for both their customers and for increasing profits.

Updated -17 days ago